, ,

Travelog: Healing Part 2

3/20/2015 11:52:00 PM

Bismillahirrahmanirrahim

Assalamualaikum and salam ukhuwah to all.


Yeah, procrastination is definitely my best buddy. When will you unfriend me?


So...I'll continue with where I left you.


The first thing we did while we're waiting for our 'tourist guide' was lying on the bed since the ride made us all feeling pain here and there (though the view was worth it). Then we started to get all set for our most awaited excitement and highlight of the day; SNORKELING! I've always wanted to do this so it's like a golden opportunity that knocked on my front door. Of course I would open any door for this!

Since it wasn't the peak season where usually there would be so many tourists (we did came across some and yeah some were even good looking just saying) the snorkeling points weren't that full of people (which I wasn't keen of). And since it wasn't the time where turtles migrating? so we weren't able to see any up close (only one I'll tell you later).

There were four points to sum up. The first one was more on practicing how to use the snorkeling equipment, to be 'friendly' with the sea, learn how to breath correctly (God, I don't even know for how many times I accidentally drank the sea water lol me). First thing was always a mix of fear and excitement. It was like MASHAALLAH finally I got to see the deep sea this close. The fish greeted us with a very curious behavior but very friendly too. Fishy can never fail to fascinate me. It felt like the sea opened its arms widely and embraced us in the cold water. It was really refreshing tbh.




Second place was a bit deeper than the previous and there were many ocean creatures that I never even encounter before. There were also timun laut, batu karang, rainbow fish, whatever kind of fishes but there were many and they swam along with us (a bit scary but it was awesome though). Then, at turtle point, we tried to search for one but unfortunately none. But then... ahhaaaa we saw a shadow of one while on the way to another point. I was trying to reach for it, but unfortunate amateur-mermaid (ke dugong? whatevs) didn't manage to catch up with the supposedly slow turtle but I tell ya they were fast alright. What to do... I need to practice more on my swimming skill. I might not be a help if anybody got drown or something. 

The last point was a shark point. This one, I was totally freaking out all the way. Our coach said if you're lucky enough, you'd get to meet the mother shark. But we weren't that lucky I guess, none of those sharks were there (was a bit thankful though 'cause I was frightened by the image they showed in the movie, you shouldn't do that Mr. Director. Sharks are friendly too. People say la. Some people). 

So for the rest of the day, we only slept and ate whatever we could find on the island. There were quite many stalls, so it wasn't a big problem in fulfilling your stomach. 

Next day people.

Before starting our second day, we searched for breakfast. They were selling lots of kuih and also every kind of nasi (like nasi minyak, nasi kerabu, nasi dagang even roti canai) all at very cheap price! Mana nak jumpa nasi dagang segala ni kat Kuantan. So without feeling so sinful towards our diet or whatsoever we just ate anything that we could.

After a long, inner-battling night on whether to go for snorkeling again or jungle-trekking (daki bukit lalala ini paling malas) then we decided to do both. MJ brought us to the Long Beach, then we walked to see the windmill located on top of a hill. It took almost 40 mins (?) to reach up there. But the view, once again. SUBHANALLAH MASHAALLAH super duper breathtaking view! The wind was a bit strong yet really soothing. 










Since we had to catch up the boat to leave the island, we went for one last snorkeling point. We wanted to stay longer, but reality hit us really hard (we have to go back). So before we bid our farewell, we made sure that we took as many memorable pictures (but I wouldn't show you those pictures, they were of private collection haha). Till then, I guess I would want to visit here again. To inhale the sea breeze once more. 

It was a very beautiful memory for us. Thank you Allah. 


  



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Blog Archive