, ,

Travelog: Healing Part 1

3/01/2015 09:49:00 PM

Bismillahirrahmanirrahim

Assalamualaikum and salam ukhuwah.



Perhentian trip.

It wasn't planned months ago. It wasn't something that really relaxing. Heck I was very tired from the trip but it was all worth it. Enjoyed it and also I made some self discovery.

The view. SubhanAllah. MashaAllah. I cannot simply describe them. But it was very stunning that I wish I could see it everyday. But the heart captured all those precious memorable sceneries so I guess that would be equally fine for me.

The journey was sort of planned a week earlier. Rushed to buy bus ticket (yes we rode a bus all the way to Jerteh). 6 of us went on our journey on Friday night around 11.30pm. Jerteh wasn't that near from Kuantan. I was trying to sleep but the bumpy bus ride made me feel less likely to sleep. I was more to worried as the bus was driven too fast (for quite an old bus). That scary.

Then we arrived at Jerteh. It wasn't our final destination as we had to seek for any taxi to go to the jetty (around 20 mins from Jerteh). That's the nearest bus stop that we knew. We arrived around 4.00am. The bus stopped in front of 7E shop (it was too quiet as there were no people around). Luckily there was a masjid (a really big and beautiful one, Subhanallah). But unfortunately it wasn't opened yet so guess what? Yeah. Like real backpackers we were, just slept on the cold floor (alas with kain batik and sweater) and waited until almost 6 before the AJK masjid finally turned up to unlock the door. It was definitely freezing out there, and not to mention with all those annoying mosquitoes. But I was definitely mesmerized by the beauty of the mosque. Am gonna show those pictures to my dad.





While waiting for Subuh, I decided not to sleep. I was sleepy though, but knowing that I can use that opportunity to at least do something beneficial, I went down the staircase to take wudu'. Then I saw a guy, holding firmly his grandma. She's definitely too old to walk by herself but another thing that caught my attention was that she's blind. But her will to come to masjid so early in the morning, hit me directly that I thought one day when I'm old and no energy left would I be as strong as she is? Oh dear me, looking at own condition right now, I really need to do some self reflection. Shame on me.

Then again, I was getting ready for Subuh prayer, but since the granny couldn't come up where the prayer hall was situated, she had to pray alone downstairs. She was mumbling (I think she's praying) after she took wudu' then she was walking slowly towards the exit. I was a bit in confusion, how did she went here? Did her grandchild led her? Or did she walked by herself? That's why I was reluctant at first to help her, but seeing that she was kinda struggling by herself and that she was nearly bumped onto the exit door, I couldn't just look so yeah I went to hold her arm and led her the way. Then she said something, clearly in a Kelantanese slang or maybe Thailand? I don't know. I couldn't understand. All I did was uhhh and aaaahh and lastly 'sama-sama'. Hopefully what I said was right though. This is not bahasa Jawa (at least I could have use my sense to understand her), though unfortunately I can't understand Jawa Halus neither.

So right after Subuh prayer, where we were intervewied by many makciks asking where do you come from? where are you going? we started to walk in order to find any taxi that could fit for 6 of us. It sounded almost possible right? Due to not wanting to use too much money on transportation we were hoping for some miracles. Alhamdulillah, as we just started to walk from the masjid heading to where the taxis were, a taxi driver (who also just finished his prayer at the masjid) asked us if we wanted a ride. 'Allah really do love us', was what I thought at that time. Plus, pakcik teksi was very kind to let all six of us rode his taxi and he also asked for such generous amount of payment (not like taxi drivers in Kuantan sangat cekik darah). The journey only took 20 mins to arrive at the jetty. We had our breakfast first at a nearby warung. Dude, having nasi kerabu so early in the morning could only be done when you're travelling. Haha heavens. The price was also very cheap and that it was very delicious. Of course I won't find any cheaper and more delicious nasi kerabu here in Kuantan so I had to eat it no matter what.

The scenery at the jetty itself was superb! I couldn't control myself not to show my over excitement. The view was Subhanallah. It was morning, and the sun was just starting to rise. This was it. A vacation though not a dreamy one but it's healing. Calm and very soothing. That was how I wanted to put it.

p/s: Pictures turned out well thanks to vsco. I only used my Xperia T2.











After a long period of time of waiting (you've gotta be patient dude), finally it was our turn to ride the speed boat. As you can see from pictures above, that was the speed boat I was talking about. It took almost an hour, but the ride was... how to describe them? Excited, fun but at the same time a bit scary and also bumpy that we actually jumped from our seats. Add the water splashing everywhere. And a bit of tiresome (our body ached after that, warning: not suitable for osteoporosis people ahhah). But it was fun. The ocean was so wide and beautiful, that I was really getting curious on what's under the sea. It was pure blue. Heck it was taking my breath away (OMG I just sounded like a romantic person aren't I? *push self from a cliff*.

I was trying to take a few pics on the boat but we were scared that we might lose our phone into the deep sea. Nah, it was enough that we could capture them in our hearts (I sounded cheesy again mianhe).







We stayed in a homestay as you might came across the pictures above (a yellow house). It was nice having village people around us. Next to us was a grandma's house where she sold her colek-colek. They kept buying them and I kept eating them. It was yummy though. Since we came with total of 6 people, we divided ourselves into 2 rooms, so each room 3 people with a king bed and air-conditioner and also it's own bathroom. It was nice, and comfy, just fine to relax ourselves after a long journey.

I was initially wanted to post this in a go, but since suddenly I type too much (with overflowing memories) I guess I'll continue this in part 2.

Next part will be full with awesome things!

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Like us on Facebook

Blog Archive