1st Visit

10/04/2015 06:55:00 PM

Bismillahirrahmanirrahim

Assalamualaikum wbt.



I was excited. At first.
About the hospital visit.

But then again, it wasn't thaaat(?) exciting for the fact that we have to go there and literally have to budge those sick people's time to rest. It wasn't our intention to, you know 'just asking around menyibuk here and there'. NO. Definitely not.

We were assigned just like medical students (except they forgot that we were lacking on medical basics and practices even on theories, till now I couldn't understand why? wait, I do understand, but still I have my own judgement and opinions). It was the first visit on Tuesday's night, then we (by we I mean the presenters) need to present to medical lecturers on the history taking and the physical examination. By right, we should have the knowledge of doing those things. They think. Well, they were wrong. We had to learn from our seniors who were previously had the same problems as us. And by books. Yup. All sorts of books especially those that had been summarized. But of course, the lecturers didn't like those kinds.

It was different than the dental lecturers. Though some may be strict, yes. Perfectionist, of course. But maybe, they just don't want us to take this for granted. I mean, it's not our 'field'. We only will be part time med students for like a year? But still, it was all because we don't know them. For our dental lecturers, we at least know a bit from our seniors. Or from other lecturers. But for med lecturers, we had to ask around (from the med students especially the final year students). They already knew these doctors.

And it had been 4 weeks since then. Blame my 'super busy' schedule (busy lah sangat). But for awhile, I thought this may be something that is useful for the future. At least I got to know how to diagnose a disease for my family and monitor their medication and stuff like that. Yes, for future sake. The med student told us that and I reflected again my niat. Again, straight to the heart.

I clerked one patient last week for short case (meaning I only have to do physical examination without having to take history taking). But then, since I have no one to guide me, I think I did some parts wrong. Pity that patient. And that's how I determine to at least learn first with others before we can proceed with the real patients. I mean, for med students, that will be their job in the future. So, they have that you know, feeling(?), or passion or something like that. They knew how to handle these patients without considering them as a task(?). We... I don't say generally but I point most to myself, maybe having an inner battle of what to focus on more.

It's our first clinical year. In dental clinic. But we also need to pass General Medicine General Surgery. Having to divide the time for both is really a tough thing to do, but hey it's not that impossible. If the seniors can do this, then inshaAllah we all can do this.

And yeah, we had presented a seminar last week. Pisang goreng, I seriously have to work on my basic medical sciences. I couldn't even answer the questions from the doctor. But lucky me, we students have shiny teeth. So boleh sengih jelah tak dapat jawab. Hehe.




You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. You did great with the presentation. Brilliantly perfect duo 😊😊😊

    ReplyDelete

Like us on Facebook

Blog Archive