Marriage and stuff

3/26/2014 07:52:00 PM

Bismillahirrahmanirrahim

Assalamualaikum and greetings people of Earth. You can't be from Mars or Neptune, are you?

Back to our topic. Oh, don't be judgmental yet. It's not like I'm going to post any cheesy story of someone's marriage, or even mine cause obviously I'm still single and bear with me I am so skeptical when it comes to men. No offense guys.

I got some knowledge and I want to share. With those who are concerned about this thing, this fantasy (yes, I'm being honest as most of us were stuck between reality of this life and those romantic lines that only exist in books..and korean dramas. LOL)

I went to a Muslim Heroes program, first ever being conducted in IIUM Kuantan. And for the fact that it is free, why would not I join it right? Though the topic: DESIRES by Syeikh Tariq Appleby, more to coupling, marriage and stuff that do not even concern about me (at this moment), I just thought hey, maybe I can just come and hear a bit, gain some knowledge and maybe I can be a love counselor or something equal to that. Lol at me, but excuse you, it just a norm that non IIUM people always think that us IIUM people have these lots of knowledge regarding love, marriage and some other cases. I'm telling no we're NOT. Except for those who already get married. Find them yourselves. Oh wait. I bet you already knew. Meheh.

First of all, I think this is somehow a very familiar questions for us regarding dating in Islam. Are we allowed to do so?

OF COURSE!

What? Why whaaatt waaaaiitt a minute... Aren't Muslims are forbidden from doing so before you get married?

I forgot to tell you it is... for married couples! GAHAH!

Well yes, you probably say "I just go out, we don't even hold hand or whatsoever"..
But dear fellas, it's an emotional attachment we're talking about right here. It is something that much more powerful than physical contacts. This is from my POV. I think somehow our emotions can make us attach to someone strongly that somehow it may lead to unwanted acts by such couples just because the feelings of longing for each other become stronger each day. There are some people who like skinship (Korean term LOL) but some may not find any spark with those kind of acts. But along with emotions, love, desire, it may lead to another spark.

That was long. Sorry. But it's through my understanding. So if I'm wrong, do correct me. I'm just a human here. Learning from mistakes.

So HOW TO AVOID THIS?

Although you may have another reason, like we're gonna get married yeay~~ but excuse me sir, she or he is still not your legal spouse. Unless you bring along you parents or her parents. That I can call it as a truthful effort of getting married.

Secondly, Syeikh told us about Campus Da'wah Friendship.

Hold it! Why?! Isn't it a good thing to get involve in da'wah?

Yes, definitely! But what if the intention is different? What if the intention just to get to know this pretty, solehah girl in the society?

Ahah! That's the thing he's been talking about. My POV, well...if you do like her, then find a way to marry her and both of you can do da'wah together! Easy huh~ 

"But we're still young..."

Then...that's your problem. First of all, an act of da'wah should be for the sake of Allah. Secondly, it's for the ummah (this is a reminder for myself fyi). Getting married to a righteous man or woman, well...it's a good purpose in one's life but don't make it like the utmost goal in your life. NO. There's more about a Muslim's life than just getting married.

So, to avoid from thee getting involve in such cases; though if you get married then Alhamdulillah no need to worry 'cause I'm talking about people who make such promises to get married but ended up not doing so) you can start by keeping your communication to what is necessary. Don't need to ask whether you have eat or not? How's the weather blablabla. Just stick to your point and then walk away.

Syeikh also reminded us to avoid joking. To joke with such intention to attract the opposite gender is wrong because you have such intention. But it's not that Islam prohibit from joking? NO... You can make jokes to make others happy but not just simply to hit on girls. Of course you can joke around with your wife freely so no worries. You'll have her/him all by yourself right?

There are some more but I think I'll continue the post later. Just because I'm in the midst of preparing from End Block Examination.

Why do you have so much examinations Miss?

You can ask that to my Kulliyyah. I don't even get any holidays (╥_╥)







You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Blog Archive